Friday, August 24, 2007

Done and DONE!

This is my first day with nothing show or rehearsal related in months. It's exciting. I can watch TV. I can do all that laundry that I've neglected like a drunk mother. Or I can go catch up on all my friend's Fringe shows I couldn't see during our run. (hint: the answer is C.)

We closed SCOUT'S HONOR! yesterday to a surprising 30 or so people. Not bad for a 3pm weekday show. And the small but super-responsive house was filled with many friends (thanks, y'all!) and even a literary agent who wants to meet with Ed! So all the rough patches (and there were a good handful) were really worth it after all.

I am going to be part of an upcoming roundtable with Martin Denton of nytheatre.com about FringeNYC. He has invited me and six other members of his reviewer squad who had shows in the Fringe this year as well as in the past to discuss what's different, what hasn't changed and more things Fringe related, as there has been a lot of media attention this year that doesn't necessarily make sense. We're gonna talk about our perspectives on the inside as well as from the outside.

We meet on Wednesday and the podcast should air shortly thereafter. It should be a very interesting discussion. I'll link here once it's posted.

Now... what to do with today... hrmmm... where's my Fringe pass?

No comments: