Thursday, December 6, 2007

Au Revoir, Parapluie at BAM

I saw this show at BAM the other night, and I can't recommend it strongly enough! Here, an excerpt from my review:
Stop reading this right now, go to bam.org and get tickets for this show. If you know any children, get them a ticket too—it will immortalize you in their memory years on end, that amazing show you brought them to see that expanded their imaginations beyond any heretofore seen parameters. They will thank you.

And if you can’t make it while they’re at BAM, book your tickets to Sydney. Yes, Australia. You know you’ve been meaning to get there-- it’s the next stop on their tour. In other words: this is one you do not want to miss.

I’m serious. Au Revoir Parapluie (Farewell, Umbrella) is simply inspiring, the dream from which you won’t want to wake. Not since reading C.S. Lewis’ The Chronicles of Narnia as a child have I gone on a more fantastical journey into a timeless and fully captivating world.
The rest of my review is here.

Buy tickets here.
Watch a video preview (but not if you're going to see the show-- the surprises are so delightful!) here.

It runs through 12/16.

1 comment:

Kevin K. said...

Robin, thanks for the tip. Chris is really excited about this after reading your review. Me, too.