Anyone forget to make their New Year's Resolutions?
I did.
Well, it's not so much that I forgot to make them exactly. More like I just forgot to make them happen.
It started with the best of intentions:
***Go to the gym
***Be generally better than last year
Honestly, I remember when I used to go to the gym regularly. Once a day as opposed to once every other month. The beginning of January was the most annoying time of the year. All these people were there, out of breath, sweaty and dripping all over everything, hogging all the machines. A gym regular, I scoffed and knew that within the week they'd all be gone. And they were. By the time January rolled into double digits, the gym was a near-ghost town, a mere skeleton of what it was January 1-9.
Well, that was a few years and maybe a dress size or ... ago. I am now what I once scorned! Well, except for the part about showing up to the gym in the first place.
It's January 14th, folks.
Number of Gym Visits: 0
Number of French Fries Consumed: many
A little Bridget Jones, perhaps... sad but true.

No comments:
Post a Comment