Sunday, January 15, 2006

What Will Does in his Spare Time

So while I sit and put apartment ads on craigslist, or practice making soup (I'm getting very good), Young William goes and makes fancy things like this. I keep wondering if I didn't spend too much time rolling around on the floor in college and not enough time on a computer.

But let's remember, when I was in college I wrote papers on a Smith Corona Typewriter.

Basically, he's taken two websites that are crucial to the everyday lives of New Yorkers, Google Maps and Menu Pages and created somewhat of a bastard love child that can let you find out what and where you can eat all on one map. It's one-stop shopping. It's what the computer kids are calling a "mashup". I think it's pretty cool. And, he got something like 7000 more hits than usual on his website from sending it to just ten friends!

No comments: