Monday, January 15, 2007

2007, Two Weeks In

Hey, so sorry I have been on an unexpected hiatus from this sweet little blog. I've actually been really busy getting things rolling, and it's been largely focused on the internet.

As I mentioned before, my friend Ed and I have started work on this new theater company, Cardium Mechanicum. I hosted a reading of four of Ed's plays last week at my apartment. Yep, that's right, we squeezed 15 people in this joint, fed 'em up on soup, boozed 'em up on wine, and had a pretty good time hearing Ed's great work aloud. We're not quite sure of the next step, but we're moving forward... in some direction or another...

We've also been working on ways to get work out that isn't necessarily theater. You can see a little bit of what's begun if you go to the cardium site and click on the crush project. Again, w're not quite sure what shape that's going to take just yet, but with Will's help, I'm slowly learning some basic web design and collaborating with a bunch of actors on the recordings that will soon be posted.

What else? Well, last weekend, I went out to Long Island City and sat in on a rehearsal of Force, a trilogy of plays written and directed by a friend of mine from college. I was covering her show for a podcast that I recorded and edited (largely all by myself-- I'm turning into a little bit of a tech geek!) for nytheatre.com, the website for which I write reviews. The podcast should be up on the site by the end of the week. It's only 15 minutes or so long, but if it didn't take me all GD day to edit it! It's the first one I've really done, so my guess is that it will get easier somewhere on down the line... I hope!

I've also started a new acting class, which I haven't done in a while, I've reviewed a couple of plays, I've been sent out on a few auditions and have booked a couple of voiceover gigs.

We're only a couple of weeks into the year and I think I need a vacation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin, I think I recognized one of those crushes on the web site from Missed Connections on Craigslist. Would I be correct?

Anonymous said...

Saw one tonight and thought of you. It's remarkably lyrical for MC:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/mis/264878563.html