Thursday, January 18, 2007

This Crazy City

Yesterday I saw a dog that was wearing nicer shoes than me.

Yes. A dog. Me in sneakers, the dog in leather boots. Dog. Leather Boots.

Seriously, are you kidding me?

And it wasn't even one of those small yappy dogs. I can almost understand when you're dropping like $400/pound on a yappy, then you're gonna want to protect the precious pads.

But no.

This was a big dog, a dog that looks like he could kick some serious ass at the dog run. If, that is, he is allowed to get his shoes dirty. The boots made this respectable dog look like a sissy. And the niceness of his shoes made me feel like a class-A slouch.

I bet the dog has a nicer apartment than me, too. And clearly he has a steady job that covers his costs, but then again how much can it really cost to keep a pooch in kibble and... well, I bet those boots might set you back a bit...

A dog. In boots. Christ.

No comments: