
Publicity Logo: check. Well, double-checking, but most likely, check. (See above. Any thoughts? Tell me in the comments, please!)
Designers: check, check, check and super check. We're in the process of getting for-sure yeses on a costume designer and sound designer, but all is looking Good.
Audition Time/Location: check. We're holding auditions next weekend. I'm really jonesing to cast this puppy-- I feel like we should already have publicity photos, but this is difficult with only one out of six actors (me) cast. Another reason I wish we had done auditions earlier: there are two actor-friends that I was really hoping to work with on this project, but they're both doing other Fringe shows. We're going to have such a rehearsal time-crunch that we really need people with super-availability, so we can't really accommodate the sharing of actors. Bummer. But, I think we'll be just fine.
(a little note about the show, since I don't think I've said here what we're doing. SCOUT'S HONOR! is made up of two short plays (Snipe Hunt and Becky's Beaver) by Ed Valentine. As written, the plays have eleven characters. But we're going to do it with six, 3 men and 3 women, so men and women will both play boys and girls. Whee!)
Fringe Friends: check! Apparently, MySpace has become a huge tool in Fringe networking-- the friends on Cardium Mechanicum's MySpace page have nearly doubled since everyone has put their webpage links on the Fringe site. I think it's actually a neat way to "meet" others with shows in the Fringe, especially the out-of-towners.
Also, we've hooked up with some old acquaintances, back from the Theatorium Days.
I'm feeling good about this. We've got a lot of work ahead of us, but it already feels fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment