Holy. Crap.
The lengths you have to go to in order to promote your show in the Fringe. On Sunday night, my friend of over 12 years Carrie Haugh and I dressed up like Girl Scouts and headed to Chelsea for the Fringe Launch Party (somehow, I'm sure we weren't the first adults to dress up like that in Chelsea, but that's another story).
I didn't mention this in my earlier post (mainly because I couldn't find it online, but also because my teeny-tiny superstitious side didn't want to... well, you know...) but at that party, Carrie and I were stopped by a Lady with a Microphone and her friend, Video Camera Guy.
To be honest, I am friendly with the publicist for the Fringe and he tipped me off early in the evening that the New York Times was in the house and that I should "look out for the camera". And that's exactly what I did.
I spotted a lady with a very expensive and professional looking still camera and tried to get Carrie and myself in front of her as much as possible.
She didn't exactly seem interested.
So we danced and danced and danced and left.
We started walking toward 10th Avenue when the Lady with a Microphone stopped us and asked us to "do something" from our show for Video Camera Guy (must have been Carrie's ukelele that tipped her off).
What to do? Sing a song about Beaver!
We sang, we gave her our info and a postcard and were on our way. I then realized that I never asked who she was with and where we might find this video masterpiece, so I ran back to ask her.
Her reply? "The New York Times."
Um.
HOLY. CRAP.
See it here.
This is never exactly how I imagined I'd be recognized as an artist, but hell, we've got 180 seats in that theater. If it takes two thirty-something (oh, God!) ladies in Mint Green to fill the house, then hand me my sash and beret, dammit, I'm hittin' the streets!!!

1 comment:
Heheh you guys look great!!!
Post a Comment