I've also been pretty busy with so many things that are not yet at a stage where I can write about them, so I feel like there isn't much to report. Good things cooking, but nothing quite ready yet.
One thing that I'm loving these days, though, is Camera Bag on my iPhone. It's the reason some of the photos I've posted look so nicely photoshopped. I did not become a photoshop whiz. I spent three bucks and put the app on my phone. I highly recommend it.
I'm also still going to Boot Camp. Some friends and I actually have been going 5x/week since the first of the year (except for one week when I was sick). I put that one hold this week (though it might be back... might being the operative word there) and only went 4x. The guys seem to have upped the intensity after the holidays and they haven't let up. The end of January marked a year since I started (though I left the other place after the initial six-week run and started at WFBC in May). I can do a lot of things now that I could not do when I started:
- I can get all the way across the monkey bars now-- last year, I couldn't imagine getting simply from one rung to the next
- I can hurdle 4 of the 6 hurdles, as opposed to climbing over them-- which I still do to the last two-- they're high!
- I can climb the rope at the end of the obstacle course
- I can do 100 sit-ups in 2 minutes-- we did 2-minute drills during bi-weekly fitness testing
Talk is starting now about the Men's Health Urbanathlon. I don't know that I'll do it this year either, but it doesn't seem as crazy a thought as it did last June.

1 comment:
Of course you are doing the Urbanathlon this year. I am making you do it!!! You rock, Robin Reed!!! Oh, and about the sweating bond and becoming friends... I think that is how I am NOT becoming friends with many people. Let's just say that I finally got the hint and started wearing sweatbands.
Post a Comment