Friday, June 20, 2008

Bootcamp: WFBC at the Urbanathlon

The Men's Health Urbanathlon is a serious race-type thingy that goes down in September, involving an 8-mile run, a run up and down the 57 flights of stairs at 7 World Trade, a quick hop over two taxi cabs and scaling a 10' intensity wall.

A number of the Warriors have signed up to do this event (including MyHero, the insane Sari Nickelsburg). I am not one of them. I have pledged to sit at the finish line with a cooler full of champagne, ice packs and Ben Gay.

Ruben and Alex are doing it too, and are helping people train by adding more running and more stairs to the normal WFBC workout.

I'm not sure they understand that I AM NOT DOING THE URBANATHLON and therefore do not require 4 trips to the 11th floor every morning.

(the stairs are making me tired)

No comments: