Monday, June 9, 2008

Bootcamp: The Early Show

And they mean EARLY.

I woke up around 5:30 this morning to be part of a segment on the CBS Early Show with Alex, Ruben and a gang of six of us from Warrior Fitness Boot Camp.

It was really fun (even at such an early hour), and odd in all the ways live television is fun and odd. Our bit was between an interview with Kate Hudson and a special appearance by some puppies rescued from Baghdad. And at one point, we were surrounded by a children's chorus in orange tie-dyed t-shirts, all clamoring to get behind their GIANT banner.

We did just a quick little workout-- push-ups, squats and sit-ups while tossing a medicine ball to a partner (yes, we all thought we might drop the ball- literally- or get whacked in the face with it under pressure!), and Early Show co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez joined along. I have never seen anyone change out of a skirt and high heels and into workout gear faster than Maggie. It was a feat to behold.

All in all, I basically skipped working out today, since even though we worked up a sweat (as it was at least in the 80s by the time we started), this was nothing compared to a real WFBC workout.

Now that my hand has healed from a gruesome monkey bar incident on Thursday (about which I was too grossed out to blog), I'll be back in action at 730 tomorrow morning.

For any of you who may have caught the segment on CBS this morning, I apologize for my hair. We background folk didn't get invited to hair and make-up.

***UPDATE: In case you didn't catch it, video is here. Remember: we did not, I repeat DID NOT get a trip to Hair & Make-up.

No comments: