Friday, June 13, 2008

Bootcamp: The Gloves Have Betrayed Me!

Weird day today:
  • I forgot my magic sweatband and had sweat stinging my eyes for the whole hour.
  • I hung my shirt up to dry too late last night, so it was damp when I put it in my bag this morning. It proved refreshing for the first minute-and-a-half of class before it turned into an absolute cesspool of fabric softener and sweat. But, if I'm gonna be sweaty, I guess it's nicer to smell April Fresh (or in my case, like Basil)
  • And finally, after all that to-do about how wonderful my new gloves are, I managed to get blisters on my fingers above the gloves. They're half-finger gloves, the kind smoking kids in the 80s and on Bedford Ave wear. Apparently I'm going to have to employ an intricate system of band-aids as well.
But other than that and two killer trips up to and down from the 11th floor on the stairs, I feel great. Actually, I'm sure I'll feel great after I take a little nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I sat down after work today - had some coffee - and actually wondered where the sweat band was this morning. I was worried you'd been sartorially humiliated by Ruben, but caving due to the mockery of others just doesn't seem like a very Robin thing to do! Viva the neon orange headband!! Except for on me. My eyes were stinging like crazy today. However, I don't look like Rachel Weisz - and thus cannot successfully execute a head band without looking like a reject from the cast of Meatballs.

***Such a long comment. Damn.