Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bootcamp: A Great Day for New Sneakers!

Note to self: Never stop to stretch out a leg cramp in the middle of jackknife sit-ups if Ruben is watching.

Because I did that. This morning. And you know what happened?

My sneaker went for a dip in the ... I don't know what they call it, the pond-y bucket thing over which the rope swing swings.

Hilarious, yes, a little gross, sure, but sort of awesome. I took my other shoe off and continued merrily along with my sit-ups (in near-perfect form, thankyouverymuch). I figured he just did me a favor, actually. After another hell day on the stairs where I took another tire on a field trip to eleven, the thought of not being able to do anything more but crunches and stretching and things requiring no sneakers until the end of class sounded positively heavenly. Until I heard:

"Hit the course."


I'm thinking they're talking to someone else because, ummmmmmm, I can't hit anything. I've got a waterlogged shoe and cannot possibly be expected to do all that barefoot!

"Put your shoes back on."


Now they must be talking to somebody else because my shoe went swimming in the yuck pond!

But sure enough, there I was, putting my soggy shoe back on and hitting the course. Trench foot just waiting to happen.

Luckily, it was actually time for me to invest in some new sneakers anyway.

I shitcanned my sneakers in the locker room, came home and told Will. He chuckled and smirked through the whole story and is currently patting himself on the back for coming up with this clever retort:

"You go to the WORST SPA EVER."


Isn't he funny? Spa. Right. I should start inquiring as to when I get my weekly massage...

1 comment:

combray said...

For the record, I'm still laughing about it.

Worst.

Spa.

Ever.