Once we got all of our stuff in the new place, we (I) decided we were going to need (to hire Raul) to paint. Our living, dining and bedroom furniture is all really dark (black in the LR and dark brown black in the DR/BR) and I couldn't stop staring at the blotches left by the spackle used to cover the holes in the walls from the last tenant. It meant keeping some stuff in boxes an extra week, but I think ultimately it was the right choice*.
Today we finalized our colors and went to Lowe's to buy paint:

- green for the bedroom
- lemony off-white for the office
- bright white for the trim
- blue for the kitchen as well as living room and dining room accent walls
- grey for the living room/dining room
My friend Melissa's handyman Raul comes bright and early on Monday to put it all on the walls. I'm hoping that by next weekend we can finally finish unpacking (books, wall-hangings and the like) and finally settle in!
*meaning: I was going to go bananas without some color (besides Renter Off-White) on the walls!

No comments:
Post a Comment