Will has really gone above and beyond the call of duty since we've been back.
Last week he accompanied me to not one, but TWO industry functions. For those of you unfamiliar, by "industry function", I mean a bunch of actors and/or other people "in the business" getting together en masse for social and/or networking purposes.
First, we went to my agency's Christmas party. That was great. I hadn't seen any of my agents since I'd been back, and Will finally got to put faces to names. It's also fun to meet the other half of people I see at auditions. For example, I had no idea that my colleague J.J.'s husband was a novelist. He and Will chatted for a while. There was an open bar and lots of snacks. All in all, not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.
Then, later that week, he came along for a ride to an official networking party. The best way to explain it is for you to read his response, posted on his blog, and my response to his response.
It was a fun night, ultimately, and I got to see a couple of people that I don't often get to see, as well as chat with my friend/soon-to-be-partner-in-theatrical-crime, the fantastic playwright Ed Valentine. I'm not sure I mentioned it, but we're starting up a new theater company, Cardium Mechanicum. Ed is finishing up his MFA in Playwrighting at NYU this coming semester, so we probably won't produce much until at least the summer, but something is a-brewin' and I have a feeling it is going to be great!

No comments:
Post a Comment