Wow. So we're back in New York. We arrived late Sunday night and have spent the week slowly adjusting back to the pace, the people, the largely monochromatic money and the plain and simple fact that we're not in Europe anymore.
The weather in the city is unseasonably warm. Damp as hell, but no bitter cold or snow in sight. Not having to bundle up to within an inch of my life makes the transition much easier.
We're staying with Will's friend Sang in an apartment that is the polar opposite of mine in every way. He's on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, while I'm used to the Lower East Side. He's got a doorman and an elevator while I've got some rickety old stairs and a drunk super who comes to fix the toilet in his towel. He's got a gym in his building while I'm used to having to trek blocks and blocks to get to my gym. But conveniently, both of Sang's roommates moved out recently and he has graciously invited us to stay.
Speaking of the gym, I should be there now. Sang and Will are, and I'm sitting here on the computer. Talk about a role reversal!
Oh, and I know I haven't written in a while, but I've been busy making myself a sort of work website. I finally finished, and you can check it out at veryrobinreed.com. I wanted to use just plain old robinreed.com, but that's taken by some English dude selling firecrackers.

No comments:
Post a Comment