Friday, June 8, 2007

I Think I May Succumb...

... and blog about my process of producing (and acting in) our Fringe show, SCOUT'S HONOR!

Why? Why do it like everyone else and become a theater blogger? Was it a burst of inspiration from the Pretentious Festival's Blogging Event?

No, no. I don't consider myself a theater blogger. I occasionally write reviews and that's enough "other people's theater" to write about for me. I don't want to talk about The Scene or What's Going On-- there are a bunch of people already doing that very well (like him and him and him and her).

But.


After posting the interview of me on his blog, Michael Criscuolo listed me in his blog rolls-- I've noticed that people are finding this site from a link on his. Obviously, these people are theater related in some way, so I wonder if they're just totally befuddled when they get here and find a travelogue from our Adventures in Italy with nary a mention of theater anywhere.

So I figured I'd do what a handful of friends and colleagues (like this guy and this guy) are doing/have done, and actually chart our process here.

Buckle up kids. We're going on a bumpy ride to the inner workings of indie theater madness!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely think you should do this, Robin. A chronicle of a new company putting together their first full production: quite a valuable resource, I think. I would definitely read it! Just my two cents, though. :)

Robin Reed said...

Done and done, Mr. Nytheatre Mike. Done and done.