Will and I woke this morning to this email from his cousin Jacopo, titled "Obama elected 44th President of the USA". Jacopo grew up in Florence, Italy and currently lives in Croatia for work.
I really supported Obama. You have no idea how Europeans like him.
Europe has still much to learn from the United States of America. I really think America is still a reference for the rest of the World. You should be proud of being American. I am very proud of being Italian because my Country has a great history and past time. America has a great present and promising future.
It is a terribly exciting time to be an American. We the people made a choice yesterday and I have never before been more proud of my country and my fellow Americans*.
*Seriously. When have I ever used the term "My Fellow Americans"? I'm really excited.

No comments:
Post a Comment