I came to this a little late, but you can still
download 10 selected shorts from Sundance for free on iTunes until this Sunday, January 25th.
I have not really watched much video or TV on my iPhone, but this was the perfect intro. I watched three shorts on my commute to and from Union Square today:
- Acting for the Camera which made me happy that I chose my acting teacher rather than some over-emotionally invested wing-nut
- This Way Up, an animated possible love child of Tim Burton and Six Feet Under
- I Live in the Woods, not my cup of tea, but a WAY out-there story and cooky inventive animation
Having now made a short film myself, it's really interesting to think of where it might fit in the Festival world. We've submitted to a few and should start hearing back over the next month or so. What I love about the form is that it really just takes a simple idea-- the simpler, the better, usually-- to make something compelling.
No comments:
Post a Comment