Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Project

I gave a friend a book called A Year of Mornings for Christmas this year. It is a lovely collections of photographs taken daily by two close friends who live 3191 miles apart.

I thought this would be a great project for me to take on with my dearest friend from childhood, Niki, who lives in Portland OR. I proposed it to her sort of last minute a week or so ago and we haven't worked out the details of when or where to post, so for now, I'll just be posting a daily photo here.

So. By 2010, I should have doubled this blog's posts (if I keep posting the photos here-- Niki and I may post somewhere else; in that case, I'll post a link) and gotten better at photography. My first photo today was taken with my iPhone. But I have a bevy of tools at my disposal: Will's Panasonic Lumix, Will's Nikon D-70, the Flip Mino HD video cam that Will got me for xmas*, my iPhone ...




*as you can see, the photographer in the house is clearly Will, so I plan on using this project to get myself up to speed.

No comments: