Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Me & TV

Will sums up our (well, largely his which is, de facto, also partly mine) Television Watching Style in a post on his blog this week.

Two things:

One: You can pretty much follow the rule that if he calls it a "geeky show" (i.e. Battlestar Gallactaca), it's His Show Not Mine-- I have nothing against Sci Fi and have even watched a little BG, but I just can't get into it regular-style-- I'm just not that kind of girl?

And Two: He bemoans the presence of commercials on "regular TV" entirely spacing the fact that commercials are what I do for a living. When he's watching Sci Fi, I may sneak off to the You Tube to watch commercials. You know, check out the competition and what not. I don't look at them as trying to get me to buy shit but rather as reseach.

Will, if you want me to buy you an airplane, maybe you should try to download the shows with commercials. It's not that I strive to have a career selling soap/soup/perfume/womens television, it's that I strive to have a career full of residual checks.

He also goes on, in a later post, to talk about podcast consumption. Again, we share much of the same list with the exception of the tech stuff. When he's blasting a podcast about Rails or interface or how humans will soon live forever, I'm probably listening to the sound of my own voice.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, concludes our lesson on Media Consumption on Sackett Street. Tune in next time for an alluring tour of our sock drawer.

1 comment:

combray said...

I can't believe I forgot to link to the man with the largest beard in the universe!

Also, I'd be willing to reconsider the stance on commercials AFTER I get the plane. Tangible results I can wrap my head around, but hypothetical... not as much. So get talking!