I have a full-blown case of something-- stuffy nose, weird throat, foggy-cloggy head with a hint of dizzy. I called in sick to work and spent the bulk of the day 2nd grade stay-home-from-school-style: under a heavy blanket on the couch either sleeping or catching up on Heroes and drinking more OJ thank I've seen in years.
I'm always funny about being sick-- I try to a) pretend it's not really happening and b) think I'm better after a single nap. Waking up for the second time at 11am today, I was rather miffed that my throat still hurt and my head was still cloudy. I'm trying to sleep you off, Illness! Work with me here! Although the couch is lovely and OJ yummy, I have Things to Do!
I'm about to go try the hot hot shower trick and then some soup and see if we can end this bad boy once and for all.
If you were thinking about that flu shot or buying echinacea in bulk, now's the time.

No comments:
Post a Comment