A week or so ago I was lucky enough to have a night free to see my good friends Dan O'Brien and Julie Shavers' new show, Silver Bullet Trailer.Julie wrote it and you can hear her southern roots and biting humor throughout. Without giving too much away, I'll tell you that Julie plays a very pregnant Sari, whose unborn child longs for a name and takes off (yes!) in search of his maverick cowboy of a daddy. Along the way, the little chap encounters a merry band of crazies and has a considerable adventure for a fetus. Dan directs and hits one zinger after another. It's sharp, smart, funny and harshly realistic in its absurdity. And if I'm not mistaken, this marks the screen debut of their most adorable and already talented son, Ammon O'Brien (in photo with banjo).
It's got another two weeks at the Ohio. I highly recommend you check them out.

1 comment:
Of course, I need to see this for purely narcissistic reasons :).
Post a Comment