Recorded a commercial for the Prime Outlets chain this morning. The audition script was for Prime Outlets in Williamsburg. For the life of me, I couldn't think of where there was an outlet store off of the L Train. Then I remembered the rest of the country does not center around Hipsterville; this was a commercial ready to air in Virginia.
So if you're in Virginia, Florida, Maryland, Western Massachusetts, parts of Texas, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Mississippi or Michigan, keep your ears perked up-- it should air soon.
In other VO news, I bought a new microphone. This was a big deal, as my old one was on the fast track to Deadsville. With the help of Will's friend, audio genius Larry Legend, I am the proud owner of a fancy little Snowball by Blue. Some joker at another store thought he'd try to sell me nearly $4,000 worth of equipment by laughing at my current mic and saying that USB mics are no good, but Larry sent me to the guys at Guitar Center where I was in and out in mere minutes without my credit card getting demolished.
I also recorded another bit of promo for HGTV last week. That makes my tenth or twelfth so far this year.
Am I one of the only people on the planet actually looking to be inundated with work?

No comments:
Post a Comment