Monday, January 12, 2009

Considering Caving on the TV Issue

Will and I don't have cable. The television we manage to watch comes from ... uh, let's just say Netflix... and we usually watch a full season, commercial-free* and pretty much all at once.

Consuming television like this makes it seem like there's always something good on. We both find ourselves saying 'wow, there is just so much great TV' a lot these days. That is probably because we hand pick our shows** and watch them on our own schedule.

But. It's this time of year-- AWARDS SEASON-- that always brings up the Cable question. It's great that most of my friends keep tabs going on Facebook of who's winning and whatnot, but... I really would love to see clips like this first hand:



Tracy Morgan was not my favorite when he was on SNL, but since 30 Rock, I realize that it must have been my mistake because I think he's got to be one of the smartest and funniest guys on TV. And he's now the face of post-racial America! Yay!

*which Will loves but kinda sorta sucks for me, the commercial actor as I still have not yet seen my Campbell's commercials!

** The current roster includes, in no specific order:
  • 30 Rock (on Hulu!)
  • Friday Night Lights
  • Dexter
  • Lost (if it ever decides it would like to start a new season, a-hem...)
  • Dr. Who (that's Will)
  • Entourage
  • Heroes
  • Madmen
  • True Blood
  • The Daily Show (Hulu)
  • The Colbert Report (also blessed Hulu)
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (brought to us by the magic of... Hulu)
Uh, I guess we sort of watch a lot of TV. Sheesh.

1 comment:

combray said...

Yeah, lets just say netflix.