Thursday, February 15, 2007

Busy. Wait, no. Swamped.

It's been a maddening couple of weeks. Sorry I've been out of touch.

So I'm working on that show at the Museum of Natural History. It's fun, but I've still got a bit of work ahead of me-- kids are coming to the dress rehearsal tomorrow, so technically, I've got a show in about 24 hours.

After working for a few years on the movement-based and word-free Bizarre Science Fantasy shows, learning lines has become quite a task! I've watched myself in rehearsal and my instinct is to keep moving, especially when I can't remember what to say! I know that I will pull it off, but right now I should really have my nose in a script.


But no, instead I'm choosing to procrastinate. I just broke out the iSight camera and started goofing off. Technology is neat! (Don't worry, I'm saying my lines while I'm doing this...)

Will is currently in Berlin checking out apartments. I was originally going to go with him, but then I got this show, so I'm here in New York dodging the hailstorm. The initial report back according to Will is that Brokers are the same even all the way across the globe-- he says X is how much I want to spend, so they show him apartments that cost X + XYZ thousand.

Then in two weeks, we're off to Korea for Will's friend's wedding. My friend Jennifer O'Donnell is there, too, teaching English, so we'll get to pay her a visit as well. I've never been to Asia (unless you count Russia, which I really don't), and I'm really excited.

We're home for two weeks after that, then off to London for my friend Julia's wedding.

Doesn't anyone get married locally in the states anymore? We've got Will's cousin's wedding in Pennsylvania in May, a college friend of mine in Massachusetts also in May then my friend Katie Brack in August in Utah.

Anyone ever heard of New York City Hall???

In other news, I finally sucked it up and got a haircut last week. When we got back from Italy, I learned that my hairdreser of more than four years had left the salon where I last saw her. I tried calling, I put a lost and found ad on Craigslist, I asked everyone I knew but nobody knew where she went. So I found a little shop in my neighborhood run by a sweet little Japanese couple. It was great. Chi washed my hair for like 20 minutes-- so long that I actually fell asleep!

I also got a new cell phone. My old phone literally broke in half, so there was really no option. Not exactly sure how I feel about it yet. Part of me is excited that it's so new and small and cool, but another part wonders why a phone can't just be a phone-- does is also need to be a camera, video camera, modem and video arcade? I figured out how to play video pool before I learned how to check my voicemail. Eeesh.

I guess this month is about me learning that change can be good...

No comments: