I got a job. Well, I've had jobs-- a bunch of them, actually. And they've even been acting jobs, in a way... But this one I'm very excited about. I'm going to be "working" in the Science Musuem here in the city doing a show for kids about Evolution! (after having just watched Jesus Camp this week, though, I'm wondering how often Fundamentalists roll into the Evolution exhibit and if there will be any altercations... I'll keep you posted.)
It's actually technically my first one-woman show and I think it's going to be a lot of fun. They are just finishing up the exhibit that is centered around three skeletons: one of a chimp, another of a hominid and then a human skeleton. I go into rehearsal next week and the first show is open to the public on the 18th of February.
It's not Tony-nomination material, but I think it's gonna be fun just the same!
I also had a couple of meetings with Ed, my theater company partner, this week. We're finalizing plans for submitting his plays to festivals this summer and talking about a whole bunch of other stuff. He and I are turning out to be a great match: the stuff that he's good at is not necessarily my strong point and vice versa. It already feels like we inspire and encourage each other. I'm really excited to get into an actual production with our new company.
Also, there has been a hair of interest sparked over our Crush Project. I met a guy who does promotions and press stuff and he thinks the project is really unique and interesting. We're going to sit down with him within a week or so and see how we can work together. Until then, Will and I are working on making the actual site more streamlined and the actors and I are building more content, which is totally fun. I think we might even be on iTunes as a podcast... last I heard we were awaiting approval.
I still don't fully know the shape this whole thing is going to take, but I'm happy that people are finding it intriguing... it's a fun ride!

No comments:
Post a Comment