Tonight I'm headed out to Sunnyside Queens to record an interview and rehearsal audio footage with the avant-garde group Temporary Distortion. It will air as a podcast, nay, an nytheatrecast on nytheatre.com on or around October 10th.
Temporary Distortion's entry into Fringe 2001, Alien Even Then, was the first show I ever reviewed for nytheatre.com (you can find that piece of championship writing in the archives here). It was an adaptation of Kafka's The Trial, and though I sat fairly rapt through the whole thing, I remember being especially taken by their design-- walking the line between dark and sexy and fucked up and scary-- on the Fringe Festival time frame (you have 15 minutes to set up your show, then 15 minutes afterwards to break it down).
Tonight I'll interview Artistic Director Kenneth Collins and sit in on rehearsal for their new piece, Welcome to Nowhere (bullet hole road) that opens October 12th at the Chocolate Factory in Long Island City.
Oddly enough, this is my third podcast in this sort of "on-location" style, and the second at the Chocolate Factory. They put good work on there. Go support them.

No comments:
Post a Comment