Thursday, October 4, 2007

I Am Many Things


One of my dayjobs is for a botique HR firm in Brooklyn where we have handfuls of downtime and free-flowing internet access. (also, thanks to someone who used this laptop before me, I managed to find this little gem of a photo)

I'm not often one to Google myself, but it's sort of an eye-opening affair (and it's killed the last 20 dead minutes here)-- I am amazed to find that I am so much more than I could have ever imagined, including

The real me comes up sixth on the Google. I may have an existential crisis over this before the day is through...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Main reason I use a middle initial -- Google search on my name, with the initial, results in 99% references to me.

Otherwise, it turns out there are a surprising number of "Ian Hill"s out there, and as one of them is the bassist for Judas Priest, I get lost in a large shuffle.

Matthew Short said...

Admittedly you also come up 8th. You should get Will on that, I'm sure he'll be happy to make sure you come up first (or at least second to the crackers).

Robin Reed said...

Thanks, Happy Commenters!

Unfortunately, my mother didn't love me enough to fork over a middle name -- I am simply RR.

And Matthew, I refuse to be eighth. I've never had any luck with the number. Search again.