I have a few bits of recording to do today before I jet out of the apartment and I'm being perfectly THWARTED by lawn care professionals!
My desk sits next to a window that faces the street. This is lovely for things like light and air, but terrible for sound-proofing needs. Every time I've plugged my mic in this morning, a "Tree Service" Truck starts raising holy hell out on the street below.
I thought I might move my operation out into the living room, but the windows (open or closed) can't protect me from the fellow who was inspired to do some of his own tree-removal or branch gouging this morning. There is an actual chainsaw ripping through the sound barrier in the back yard.
Now the tree truck and the chainsaw could all be part of the same team, but either way, I'm at a loss. I know these guys are working, but so am I! (well, at least I'm trying) And the biggest snag is that there is nothing I can do about it but wait them out.
You'd really have to be a big idiot to confront a dude with a chainsaw for making too much noise.
When we first moved into this apartment, Will had the bright idea to turn the closet in the office into a small recording studio for me. I scoffed, partly because I thought it would be silly to sit in a closet and partly because he mentioned taking the doors off and replacing them with some type of beaded curtain. But now, I think it's time to take him up on that one!

2 comments:
No no no, we needed to take the doors off because I wanted to put the ikea-dresser thing in front of the door so YOU COULDN'T SEE IT and you'd need to go through so enter the SECRET ROOM.
But you had no imagination. Sheesh.
What I can't believe is that you have never devotedly watched the Brady Bunch because you are describing, to a T, Johnny Bravo's Pad in the Attic.
Post a Comment