I had a late start this morning (read: ignored the alarm at 6:30a) and decided to go to the class at noon. I completely forgot it was Fitness Test Monday!When I saw Alex walking around with his clipboard, a pit of dread gurgled in my belly. But today, I proved that gurgle pit wrong!
You may remember on the day of the last fitness test, I only managed to "hang" for 1 second. (can you even really call that "a hang"?)
Today? I'm up to 4 seconds! That's right, friends. 300% progress!
And even though there were only two of us in the noon class, it didn't seem to kill me as much as usual. Don't get me wrong, I could barely breathe and/or walk when we were done, but much less so than usual.
Maybe I really am making progress...
At one point, Alex jokingly asked me when I was headed over to the Marine Recruitment Office. I breathlessly muttered something to the effect of "I don't believe in war" and kept on with my squat thrusts. But it made me laugh, as it reminded me of the time Will and Sang and I were in a debate over strip clubs and why I should or should not go to one. My argument was if they wanted to go, why couldn't I come along*?
Sang's reply:
"Because you'd be asking them if they had health insurance and whether or not they were in a union."
That Sang. What a jokester!
*Besides the fact that I wouldn't be caught dead in a strip club unless it was to make sure the strippers had health insurance and union protection.

No comments:
Post a Comment