Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kung Foolery

Contrary to what it might seem like, there is more to my life than my workout regime. Take, for example, this little play I directed (and had a small part in) last night.

It was part of a festival of One-Acts put on by the Algonquin Theater. I believe we were one of five shows last night, and at the end of each night, one play is selected for publication and will be performed again on Sunday.

When I got home, I was delighted to find an email titled "Tuesday Night Selection", which read:

Tonight the judge's selection was "Kung Foolery" by Brett Hursey, directed by Robin Reed.

It feels good to have been chosen, and it will be fun to do this little play again. The story is simple and funny: a man, Barry (played by the hilarious Matt Hanley) is married to a woman, Karly (the incredibly talented Libby Winters), and when Karly's Mom Lois (me, in a wig that makes me look frighteningly like my own mother, highlights and all!) comes to visit, hilarity ensues.

If you want to check it out, we'll perform again this Sunday, July 13th at 1pm. The Algonquin is located at 123 East 24th St between Park Ave South and Lexington. For ticket info, call (212) 730-4664.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is very, very cool! I need to talk to Mark about how guilty we would feel canceling on this Sunday brunch our neighbors are hosting, but I feel like this is a legit reason not to go :(.