Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bootcamp: The Open House

Alex and Ruben opened their doors last Friday night to friends, family and anyone wanting to see just what goes down at WFBC. It was fun to hang out with my bootcamp pals while not covered in my puddles of my own sweat!

Mark and Will came along-- Sari and I were secretly hoping that once they saw all the fun climby things they would not be able to resist signing up. No dice.


Although... Mark did manage to find a way to turn the torture devices into toys. I saw him notice the Giant Tire and I was all,

Dude, your wife flips that thing!

And he was all,

WHAT?!

So he decided to look further into the situation. From the inside out.


But hands down the most exciting part of the night was the Demo, featuring five of the most serious bad-asses you'll ever meet just destroying the obstacle course. If there were like honors classes in bootcamp, this would be the class:


It was loud and fast and furious, and in middle of it all I realized,


Uh... I'm at a party: at the Gym.





It was a good time, and I was glad to finally have Will see just why it is that I come home gimpy each morning. That part sounds a little nuts, but it's really the people involved that keep me going back.


Did I mention that I just signed on for three more months? I'm hoping to pass legislation to have the Tire Ride become part of the warm-up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These photos are so cute!