Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bootcamp: Day 14

Another Tuesday, another Abs Day!

And what better way to prepare for the burning insanity of the Pure Power Boot Camp ab workout than with 100 sit-ups?!

After our warm up, today featuring new treats such as a knee stretch and Jumping Lunges (just like it sounds-- sort of like running in place, except instead of landing standing up, you land in another lunge), we hit the hurdles and followed it up with 100 sit-ups at the Rock Wall.

Then the Abs Series. Oddly, it seemed to go by really quickly. I would never, EVER say that to the Drill Instructors, but I was grateful.

And we closed the hour out with 25 more sit-ups at the Rock Wall. We close each class out with group sit-ups, where we all lie down, hip to hip, link arms and then all sit-up together. Today I had the Strongest Man on Earth to my left and my pal Sari to my right. It was like together they were practically throwing me from the ground up. It was great.

And that's that. Not much to report today. Oh, neither of the new girls from yesterday were there today; hope they didn't bail out! We had another new girl today, too. I don't think she really even broke a sweat as she seemingly cruised through the obstacle course-- in the middle of some insane sit-up, I glanced over and it looked like she was gliding angelically over the hurdles that I hurl my sorry ass over. Must be nice.

No comments: