"Everyday should be Abs Day!", says PPBC founder Lauren Brenner this morning while counting slowly through a side-splittingly thorough ab workout.That's Lauren there on the left. The woman has worked out a day or two in her life. Note the Abs. Nicely done, eh?
And she's right. Each time she's been in to lead the Ab Routine, she says we should do it every day in addition to our regular Boot Camp workout. And she's right. Only, at the end of our regular workouts, I usually just want to die.
I can't figure out if Abs Day is the easiest or hardest day of the week. I posed this conundrum to Sari today, who I think hit the nail on the head. There is FAR less cardio, which gives it the guise of ease, but the friggin' crunches are killers.
Lauren is great, though, and focuses as much on the stretching and relaxing (what?!) in between sets as the sets themselves. And just as I'm beginning to think that perhaps I've slipped off unnoticed to a spa reatreat, there's Alex. Stepping on my gut. Literally. He put his foot on my stomach and walked over me. Just checking to see that I was still focused on my abs, I guess.
But my favorite part of Ab Day with Lauren would have to be when she says "Is everyone feeling this? Let me know if you Are Not feeling this!" as we're doing crunches from some ungodly twisted position.
I'd like to know who doesn't feel Ab Day. So I can copy exactly what they're doing, because seriously, this stuff kills me!

No comments:
Post a Comment