Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bootcamp: Day 15 -- Do-Over


I returned to Boot Camp today, just in time for Abs Day!

I feel pretty much back to normal after my bout with illness. And surprisingly, the Boot Camp didn't kill me, even after so many days off.

The hour started as usual: laps around the gym, a billion jumping jacks and this time a series of "jumping lunges".

Then push-ups.

Now, I'm still doing "girl push-ups", with my knees on the ground. And the cry I hear every time from one of the instructors is "LOWER, REED!"

I agree. To go lower to the ground on my push-ups would be nice. If it didn't MAKE MY ARMS SHAKE!!! Last week, there was something to the effect of 'if your knees are on the ground, your chest should touch the ground'. If my chest touches the ground, I'm laying down because my arms won't do any good to get me back up. But I'm working on it.

Next, we hit the hurdles, going over one, under the next on the first 8, the over the next 6, then back to over/under on the 8. After that, more running and then 100 partner sit-ups with feet in the tire and passing a weight bar back and forth between us. You may remember back on Day 12 my partner and I trying to plot to take a break during this exercise, but this time we plowed through the 100, easy-breezy style. (sort of)

Then it was some bear crawling (which wasn't half bad... maybe I am still sick...), a spin on the Rock Wall (actually scaling it-- I need smaller feet for this one!) and on to the Abs Routine. This was the first time it wasn't completely torturous. Not to say it wasn't hard as hell-- Alex devised a little number involving staying in mid-sit-up and twisting from side to side tapping a water-filled canteen to the ground with each twist-- but I made it with only a couple of pauses.

Then 25 more group sit-ups at the Rock Wall, and we were done.

This song keeps coming on during the hour. And it cracks me up every time-- try doing the canteen twisty things in the middle of a big belly laugh.

No comments: