Thursday, May 29, 2008

Did Anyone Here Do 300 Sit-ups Before 9am This Morning?

I did.

That's right, folk(s). I went back to Bootcamp.

Back when I was dying and sweating my ass off in the winter, I swore OUT LOUD that I would never do it again.

But there really isn't any better way to ... well, work out that hard. Period. I'd never go run fast for an hour straight of my own volition. But I can easily (debatable) endure an hour of insanity with Alex and Ruben at the helm.

The boys have ventured out from the old digs and set up their own shop near Herald Square. It's pretty sweet-- tidier and brighter than the old place, and it's all their own.

A few things have changed:
  • no more uniform (read: no ladies in Man Pants)
  • slight differences in the core workout (warm-ups, etc)
  • no strict use of Last Names Only (once today Ruben actually called me RobinReed-- yes, all at once!)
but a LOT has remained the same, namely one full hour of ass-kicking work out.

And this time, they've got stairs.

Their place is on the third floor of a maybe 15-floor building. One activity today was to run (!) up to 11 and back down. Easier said than done. Then run only up to 10, but with a MEDICINE BALL!!!

And, rest assured, I saw some tires in the joint. I'm sure that torture will resurface. There was one that looks like it was ripped straight off a monster truck. I plan on hiding that ASAP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't hide that tire. I think if we curl up real small we can hide inside the rim if we get desperate :(.

Jackson Sejoon Park said...

i've done 300 sit ups before 9 AM. over the course of 30+ years that is. i can't believe you went back but this should be fun to read.