This is the first time I've written here about my new workout regime, mainly because I wasn't entirely sure it wouldn't kill me.But I am proud to say that I survived my first day at Pure Power Boot Camp.
What is it?
The setup comes straight from the U.S. Marine Basic Training. And it kicked my ass.
Why on earth would I want to do this?
A couple of friends did it and didn't die. My friend Sari is actually still in the class and was there with me today. At one point during our laps around the room, she asked "What made you do this?"
"Fany's triceps" I replied.
Fany had some impressive triceps when she finished the six-week series, and I'm shooting for the same. Sari also looked pretty jacked, a word I would have never used to describe her pre-bootcamp.
But it is no joke. I went in at 730 and by the time I got home around 9 all I could do was pop some ibuprofen, chow a little oatmeal and go back to bed.
When was the last time you did squat thrusts? Well, I did about 25 of them today while most of you were still sleeping.
Also on today's menu were push-ups (they let girls do the girly ones in the beginning), running, more push-ups, about 200 jumping jacks, squats, sit-ups (the all-the-way-up kind) and the obstacle course which includes hurdles, wall climbs (hoist yourself up and over walls of different heights, up to 6'), rope climb, monkey bars, the bear crawl, a rock wall and some rope mesh climby thing I'm convinced was created in the center of Hell itself. The people who have been there longer did some boxing/sparring thing, but I was still being tested on the obstacle course.
It's hard. Really hard. Makes me realize I should have paid more attention in elementary school gym class. No joke.
I'll be back tomorrow. Apparently Tuesday is "Ab Day".

No comments:
Post a Comment