Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bootcamp: Day 2


Abs Day.

Don't make me laugh. Seriously, it hurts.

And when I try to describe where it hurts, all around my stomach and ribs, my arms cramp up from the pointing and lifting.

Yeah, and don't make me inhale or exhale too deeply, because that hurts, too.

There was a new girl in class today. On my second day, I am no longer "new". I was asked (ordered/told I would) demonstrate the Squat Thrust for her.

I managed that ok, and 23 more to go with it in a minute. He gave us a minute to do as many as we could and then we all had to yell out, individually, how many we did. 23, not counting my shining example. Not bad, I thought, for this sore girl on Day 2.

The toughest girl in the class did 38. That's less than 2 seconds per squat thrust. I asked her yesterday when she started.

Her reply?

May.

Eight months she's been doing this! I don't know right now if I've got more than these six weeks in me. Hell, it was really hard to get out of bed today! But, on this steady diet of oatmeal and ibuprofen, I think I can make it.

At least I hope so...

Today I also met Lauren, the owner/creator of PPBC. She ran our abs workout. She is really nice, but No Joke. If you looked at any of the videos on their website, she's the lady with the abs to die for. So I'm inclined to do whatever the hell she says with regard to these exercises.

She told us to ask her if we had any questions at the end of the hour. I told her I got a cramp in my hip during a certain exercise. She said that I needed to build up strength in that area and that I could do that by doing this series of abdominal exercises every day after class.

Right. Tack exercises onto the end of class. Ooof. I've had a tough time these past two days even just walking to the train at the end of class, so ... well, hell.

No comments: