
I did it! I made it through a week of Bootcamp and I didn't die!
I still hurt, but I feel a huge sense of accomplishment, especially considering my lack of working out over the last, um... chunk of time. My friend Sari, who is also in the class, is under the impression that I came to this game already "athletic", but unless she thinks of drinking wine as sport, she's misinformed. (love you, Sari! Hope the, um, injury is healing!)
Part of what makes this... well, I don't want to say easier because in no way is this easy, but not-entirely-hell is that the other Bootcampers are incredibly supportive and encouraging. I'm not generally a hi-fiver, but it's amazing how one little slap of the hands can pull ten more sit-ups out of me!
Today's events included 150 jumping jacks and a full run of the obstacle course. Except for totally faceplanting in the Mesh Ropey Thing From Hell, I did ok. Though monkey bars are my arch-nemesis, I'm making headway on the Rock Wall. Maybe the Rock Wall would be easier if I didn't have giant clown feet.
Then came the tires. Yep. Steel Radials. Probably weigh a good six tons each. 125 sit-ups with feet in the tire. Overhead presses with the tire (I must have done 6,000). Push-ups on the tire. These exercises were all done with a partner-- while one did that, the other was doing lunges and other kill-your-quads exercises over a 24" box with a 15lb bar on the shoulders. The "best" ones in class (the two dudes) had to do squat thrusts and press the tire above their heads each time. Luckily, I was spared from this one. I'm usually a fairly competitive person, but not here. Not. At. All.
Then it was one more time through the obstacle course. It's not easier at the end of the hour. And that's all I'll say.
Three days off. Tomorrow, I sleep in. I can't wait.

1 comment:
Hi Robin - Yay! For real! I'm sure everything hurts today - hopefully not too badly. Today I chased yesterday's blueberry danish with half of this enormous, corporate logo emblazoned, 1/4 lb. chocolate bar that's been sitting in the office kitchen since before Christmas and wash it down with real Coke. Next week - if you need to lift tires - you can just bench press my belly :(.
Yay? :( Sari
Post a Comment