Monday, January 21, 2008

Bootcamp: Day 5

Week 2 begins.

Since today is a holiday, there were only four of us in Bootcamp today. In most cases, individualized attention is a bonus. But here, it instilled a distinct FEAR in me. And mixed with the fact that I didn't get to bed until after 11pm (gasp!) last night, I was not a happy camper when 6:30am rolled around.

But I am happy to say that I made it!

Todays' fun included doing the whole obstacle course, obstacle by obstacle, with Fun-with-Tires in between. After each obstacle, we did 25 squats and tire presses (squat holding the tire and press it up above your head when you stand). That was probably about 150 squats, all told. I'm making progress on the obstacles-- I made it further around the Rock Wall than ever before. The Monkey Bars are still my arch-nemesis, but I'm working on it.

After all that, it was more squats and lunges, this time with a weighted bar instead of the beloved tire. Yes. The beloved tire. I'm learning to love it. Slowly.

The hour is still passing fairly quickly, thankfully, and I was surprised at how little I hurt upon my exit. That is, until I got off the subway back here in Brooklyn and tried to make it up the station stairs. All those lunges. Ouch.

No comments: