Friday, January 4, 2008

Catching up on the Caucuses

Just watching the speeches from the caucuses I slept through last night. Obama is a great speaker-- always gives me some level of goosebump. Exciting to see someone who at the very least changes his tone, unlike Stutter McSpecialEd.

As much as Obama is mesmerizing in his speak, I just don't feel like I'm able to get roused about talk of Hope and Destiny and fighting for the American Dream. Yet. It would be lovely to get to a point where that feels like more than jibber-jabber, but right now this country is not a dreamland.

But then there's Mike Huckabee. Scary, especially with the pearly whites of Chuck Norris beaming out from behind him. Scary, with his hypnotic near-monotone and sad, unfunny jokes. Not quite as scary as Romney. Since when did half of our country become so enchanted by these guys that come off like game show hosts? All I can say is that I had long since moved from Massachusetts by the time Mr. Romney became governor. What? No Kennedys were of age during that election? Eeesh.

Ok, so before I go too far into talking politics (which my days of bartending taught me never to do in mixed company, what with all the fighting that ensues), I'll go start my day.

Piano lessons. Now that's dreamy.

No comments: