Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bootcamp: Day 10

I'm posting this on the later side today because it's Tuesday. And Tuesday is Abs Day. And Abs Day kills me.

Seriously, I hope that in the next few weeks I can get a grip on the Monkey Bars, but if I can get through one of these monstrous-destructo Ab Workouts, it'll be a huge achievement.

The fact that I did not look like this lady to the left by 8:30 this morning baffles me.

I've realized the one thing that sets this apart from other workouts. I've worked out with a Personal Trainer in the past. One on One. But the Instructors at Boot Camp do not let up! My trainer at my old gym was a pretty serious dude with biceps bigger than my thighs, but compared to these guys he was a soft and fuzzy lamb. Compared to the workout at Boot Camp, my workouts with my trainer were more like brunch on Sundays.

Just when you think you're gonna get a break in between sets, you're running a lap. Just when you think it's time for a glug of water, you're doing one billion squat thrusts. And don't get me started on the tires. Oh, those damned tires!

My favorite quote of the day, during the Ab Death Series:

"REED! You don't look like you're in enough pain. You're must not be lifting high enough!!!"

The funny part is that I thought I was lifting my whole entire body off the ground. I was shocked, yes shocked to learn that I was not.

The same way I was shocked when I looked in the mirror when I got home and didn't look like the muscle lady in the photo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

REED, are doing before and after pics?

Robin Reed said...

Let's consider the photo in this post an "after".