Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bootcamp: Day 11


Today left me nearly brain dead, so I'll keep this brief.

Pull-ups. Never done one in my life. We did them with a partner, thankfully. I grabbed the bar and "rested" my feet on my partner's legs. By "rested" I mean "stood on". Three sets of ten with a lap around the gym in between.

That was toward the end of the hour. For the bulk of the time, the boys had us competing with ourselves: how many squat-thrusts can you do in 1 minute (28), how many push-ups (a measly 15), laps around the gym (nearly 4!) and so on. And of course, my favorites: tire squat/presses, lunges with a weight bar and the bear crawl. I so wish that bears had evolved to walk upright because I Hate The Bear Crawl.

I woke up exhausted today, even though I was in bed by 10pm, so it really nearly killed me. Like to the point where when we had a water break, I didn't want anything but air and standing-stillness.

There were two girls today who were on their last day. I wondered how it was that I passed one of them on our timed run. Sheesh, if it was my last day I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry either!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your bootcamp series. it makes me feel like i'm getting into shape, without the pain or the early mornings. good job reed.

Robin Reed said...

IF ONLY it worked that way...

I would love to watch someone else do this! Actually, I take that back. I've watched the class before mine do their workout and I just end up feeling bad for the poor bastards! And I watch with dread knowing that I'm next!