Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bootcamp: Afternoon Delight



I've been having problems over the last couple of weeks with getting to Bootcamp for the 7:30 class. It's not with waking up as I've been doing that when my alarm goes off at 6:30. It's the actual leaving, the getting-out-the-door.

There was last week, when I had the shoulder blade glitch. There was yesterday, when I woke up with the same thing. Then today, I couldn't find my keys! Sounds like a bad excuse, but it's true. I've got the early-morning subway schedule down: I have to leave the bedroom by 6:42am on Will's alarm clock which gives me about 1-3 minutes to gather my things (bag, water bottle, keys, etc) and get out the door. If I'm still in the apt at 6:50, I'm not going to make it. There's a woman that is usually on my train in the morning. She has short dark hair, a thick Brooklyn accent and wears an abusive amount of perfume. If I'm not nauseated by her scent, I'm not going to make it. And I learned, back in the days of poor Wong, you just DO NOT show up to Bootcamp late.

Today I couldn't find my keys and was just generally not awake in time enough to motor out the door. So I went to the 1pm class.

It was not a bad class-- 7 of us all together, but there were a few doozies.

Alex has been really into the "Push-Planks" lately, a deadly combo of push-ups and plank position. You start in plank and lift your arms one at a time to reach a push-up position. It is a killer on your abs. Did I mention he worked that one in after Pull-ups? Sneaky bastard.

Then Ruben thought it would be fun to do Diamond Push-ups. This is your basic push-up, except that your hands are close enough together to form a diamond. My arms and ... well, I don't know what the other muscles are called because I didn't know I even had them!-- they were all shaking. All of my arms and arm-related muscles. Shaking.

This further supports my theory that these two men WILL NOT REST until I am in London 2012 on the Polish Weightlifting Team.

No comments: