Though I often heartily resist change, I thought I'd check it out. I Cuil-ed myself and determined on my first search that Google has NOTHING to worry about.
First off, the "magazine-style" layout is unfamiliar to me and not as clear and easy to navigate as a search on Google.
Second. Well, look at this clip from my search:
Now the search results are for me, but who is Eff is that blazer-clad woman? Certainly those are not her Promo and Commercial demos linked to that posting! No, that Robin Reed is the General Code's new representative in the State of Michigan, as well as Indiana and Ohio. I have a sneaking suspicion she does not do voiceovers. And, might I add, thank the Internet Overlords for Google, for without it, I would have no idea who this impostor was!Another blip I don't understand is the "Search by Category" section on the page:
What on earth does "Robin Reed" have to do with Oregon, Beavers and/or Sports? And notice the measley 45,449 search results; Google came back with over 300,000:
Maybe Cuil is still working out some kinks, but I don't see myself switching over any time soon. Google is as much of a household name as BAND-AID, Kleenex or Xerox.
After all, you can't be a chump product and a verb!
via Popgadget

No comments:
Post a Comment