Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bootcamp: Suicides*

It's been an odd week for me and Bootcamp. There was the aforementioned Nyquil/Sudafed debacle which left me in rough shape. I took yesterday off, choosing rather to stay home and attempt to cough up a lung**.

Today was my first day this week where I felt really good enough to be there. I probably should have stayed home one more day, though, to escape the dreaded Suicides***!

There were two teams of circuit training today, and we all got stuck doing the suicides. I guess my team had the easier one (ha!) because someone on the other team told me theirs involved the stairs! Ours was two sets of suicides (see below), two laps around the gym, hurdles then monkey bars.

I absent-mindedly left my gloves in my bag, so the monkey bars helped me add to my hand callous collection yet again!

While it was one person's turn to do the suicides, the other three were doing things with resistance bands, dumbbells and some awful jumping onto a bar on the wall thing that I'm sure is precisely what passes time in hell. Four circuits, so we all got a turn on each thing. Joy.

I have to give them credit-- Alex and Ruben manage to come up with something new each and every day. Sure, we repeat stuff, but NEVER have I done the same workout twice.

I guess that's a good thing?


No comments: