I've had a painful ... let's call it a glitch in my left shoulder blade that started on Friday morning and persisted throughout the weekend and kept on keepin' on this morning. It was so bad at one point that any time I tried to roll over in bed, while sleeping the sleep of the dead that I sleep, I was jerked awake in severe pain.
I figured a weekend of rest would make it better, but it was still there when my alarm sounded at 6:30am today. So I bailed on Boot Camp, thinking that it was pretty unlikely that we'd have a day without having to use our upper bodies at all.
Well, boy, did I cause a stir!
First, from Ruben:
WTF REED!!
What happened this morning?
Then, Nickelburg chimed in, via a Facebook:
They're gonna make me do extra stuff if you're not there tomorrow, and if I'm doing 'extra stuff' at boot camp tomorrow morning YOU ARE GOING TO HEAR ABOUT IT ROBIN!!!
(ed. note: this one went on for quite a few more sentences and involved what I can only infer are OBSCENE emoticons)
I replied, stating my case, and found a response in her Status Update:
Sari Nickelsburg wants Robin to know that if she doesn't get to boot camp tomorrow, that I am going to come down to Brooklyn and kick her butt all over the Stinky Cheese bar.
Then I got it from Friesell, also via Facebook:
they're gonna make me do extra stuff tomorrow too if you're not there... just kidding, but I thought maybe it would help get your ass to Boot Camp!
Gee. I never realized everyone cared so much. I just cried one single lonely tear! And then I got jabbed again with the stinging pain in my back. Well, either way, I'll scrap the tears and the belly-aching and report back after what I'm sure will be a hell day tomorrow morning!

1 comment:
We only yell because we care.
About ourselves.
Post a Comment