

Today was the toughest day yet, seeing as I didn't get to bed until nearly midnight after seeing Fiona Shaw in Happy Days at BAM (highly recommended, more on that later).
It started with the usual bunch of warm-ups, but the boys decided to get creative today and group things together. Painful things. Together. For example, a squat-thrust followed by a lunge with each leg followed by the dreaded Star Jumper (a leap vertically into the air preceded and followed by a squat). Another awful blend was the squat-press with tires (squat with the tire overhead, then stand up pressing the tire up high). If I never see another tire again, it'll be too soon. Then a bunch of laps around the gym, pushups, mountain climbers, general chaos.
Then we broke off into groups. I was in the group that was doing squats with a weight bar. And it went horribly awry. At one point, amid a transfer of the bar from behind my head to in front of my head, I totally BIFFED myself in the nose with the bar. As soon as I realized that it wasn't that bad (no blood, thank god those things are padded!), it was pretty funny.
Maybe if I played up the pain factor, I could have gotten out of the next round of stunts, including hurdles and wall squats (back against the wall, squat as if sitting in a chair) and laps around the gym holding water canteens up in the air. Water canteens. Killed me.
And then I came home and slept the sleep of the dead until nearly noon.
If my nose doesn't instantaneously blow up tonight, tomorrow will be the end of week 2. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:
Girl -- good on ya for doing this to/for yourself! I just went snowboarding for the first time this weekend and fell so much . . . yes, pain, yes! I can't imagine 7 damned days of pain. Keep it up, tiger!
Post a Comment