Monday is Boxing Day!No, it's not December 26th in England. Today at the Boot Camp, we put on gloves and punched each other silly!
Punching, jabbing, gut-kneeing all interspersed with running laps around the gym. And all that interspersed with the usual battery of squat-thrusts, star jumpers and push-ups. I punched while my partner held the padding. I thought when we switched and it was my turn to hold the padding it would be like a little break.
I was wrong. My partner, Horrigan (whose first name I still don't know after two weeks-- they call us all by our last name), is really friggin' strong.
Speaking of strong, my friend Sari is back after her injury. I figured oh, great, we can like chat and run at the same pace or what-have-you.
Again, I was wrong. She was partnered with the Best Girl in the Class. And she totally kept up with her! Sari is the friend of mine who mistakenly thought I was "athletic" going into this. Turns out, she's like Captain of the Boot Camp Squad. Even after an injured week off. It's a good thing I'm too afraid to be competitive or I'd totally throw down a challenge. (Sari- I seriously DO NOT feel competitive-- you run fast as you want and I'll catch up to you later!)
Thus begins Week 3.
Actually, Week 3 began for me with a very strange dream where I, in the dream, was sleeping and woke up (in the dream) panicked that I had slept through Boot Camp. Sure enough, it was 7:20 (in the dream). I shot out of bed, searched for my phone and my shirt on which the phone number is printed. I called the receptionist, explained myself and asked if it would be ok for me to do Tuesday-Friday this week. She said that would be fine, and I happily went back to bed and slept until ten.
Next thing I know, my alarm sounds off (for real). 6:16am. Damn. And off to Boot Camp I went.

3 comments:
Robin, you clearly missed the part where The Best Girl in the Class was BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF ME!! And as much as I would like to think I can keep up with her, I totally can't. She's like a genetically superior, mega-athlete. Like the next-generation, bionic woman kind-of thing. Also, she's super pretty, super smart, and has great clothes. I promise once I'm strong enough I'll hit her as hard as I can. Kidding :\. Also,if she hits me back, she'll kill me. Seriously :(. I'd be dead.
Oh, p.s. I found this blog I can't stop reading. It's like a sick addiction. This girl posts like every five seconds. I have NO idea when she sleeps. And she does this thing she calls 'lip-dubs' where she walks down the actual street lip synching to songs by Journey and Queen. That's not normal right? http://juliaallison.tumblr.com/ I need to go eat my salad, and go back to work. Stupid salad.
Great. The absolute last thing I needed was another blog to get hooked on. But Journey and Queen? Clearly this woman is a genius with exquisite taste in music.
Post a Comment